Magnet students did especially well in the Intel Science Talent Search this year:
- 9 Magnet seniors were named semifinalists in the 2014 Intel Science Talent Search: Alex Bourzutschky, Shaun Datta, Neil Davey, Daniela Ganelin, Hannah He, Aanchal Johri, Jessica Shi, Huey Shih, and Gabby Studt.
- Shaun Datta, Neil Davey, and Jessica Shi were named Finalists. Blair's 3 Finalists are the most of any school in the nation. The story was reported in the Washington Post and the Gazette, and the students were interviewed by WTOP.
Other Magnet News:
- Blair teams won first and third place at the Maryland Science Bowl. The first place team will compete at the National Science Bowl in April. The students on the winning team were Michael Winer, Victor Xu, Bendeguz Offertaler, Eric Lu, and Arnold Mong.
- Jessica Shi won an Outstanding Presentation award at the MAA Undergraduate Student Poster Session of the 2014 Joint Mathematics Meeting in Baltimore.
- Blair's It's Academic Team is on an impressive winning streak, led by Paul Ellis, Neil Dalal, and Arjuna Subramanian.
- Two Blair teams competed at the Princeton University Math Competition (PuMaC), finishing 6th in the A Division and 3rd in the B Division.
- Victor Xu, Alex Bourzutschky, and Michael Winer finished 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, respectively in the University of Maryland Mathematics Competition.
- A Blair team won first place at the inaugural PClassic fall programming contest. The members of the team were Matthew Das Sarma, Megan Chao, Kiyoon Ko, Vijay Upadhya, and Scott Wu.
- MCPS Superintendent Joshua Starr spoke at a town hall meeting at Blair on November 21, 2013.