The Board of Directors for the Magnet Foundation met in January 2014 to discuss several issues:
- The Foundation received $22,000 in donations in 2013, including a very generous $10,000 donation from the parents of a graduating senior in the Class of 2013.
- The Board approved several additional grants:
- $400 for a bus to take students to the X-STEM Conference (Ms. Hart)
- $1,410 for licenses to Matlab Software (Mr. Pham)
- $2,000 per team (up to 3 teams) to cover chaperone costs and team housing for the ACSL All-Stars Competition in Denver (Ms. Dvorsky)
- $2,640 for chaperone costs and housing for an exchange program at CERN in Switzerland (follow the students' blog) (Mr. Schafer)
- The Foundation is working with a family to establish a scholarship fund that will be announced soon
- The Board selected Lorrie Faith Cranor '89 for the 2014 Distinguished Alumni Award. She will receive the award at the Magnet Research Conference on February 27, 2014.