All are invited to the 2013 Magnet Research Convention on Thursday, February 28th
at Blair. Student poster presentations will start in the SAC at 6:30 and the keynote speaker, Dr. Hormuzd Katki '92
, will speak at 7:30pm.
The Blair Robotics Team will be participating in several competitions this spring, and all are invited to come and cheer on Team 449:
Blair was once again very successful in the Intel Science Talent Search Competition (Silver Chips
), and many students won other awards this winter:
- Gabby Studt '14 won a silver medal in the 2012 Math Prize for Girls Olympiad.
- Charlie Pasternak '13 and Sam Zbarsky '13 won first place at the University of Maryland High School Mathematics Competition.
- Neil Davey '14 and Elizabeth Liu '13 were selected as regional finalists in
the JSHS research competition. Neil Davey won first place and will be competing at the JSHS National Symposium in Dayton, Ohio on May 1-5.
- Sam Zbarsky '13 was named an Intel Science Talent Search Finalist and 4 other students were named as Semifinalists: Richard Chen '13, Sharon Chen '13, Diwakaran Ilangovan '13, and Jinhie Lee Skarda '13. The Public Exhibition for the Finalists will be on Sunday, March 10, 2013 at the National Geographic headquarters in Washington, DC.
- A team of Blair students won second place at the 2013 Johns Hopkins Math Tournament. The students on the team were Richard Zhu, Alex Zhang, Daniel Yuan, and Scott Wu. Many students also won individual awards: Shaun Datta won first place in Calculus, Victor Xu won first place in Probability and Combinatorics, Eric Neyman won first place in Algebra,
and Sachin Pandey won second place in Geometry.
- Sophomore Christina McCann is running for Student Member of the Board of Education.
- The Blair math team finished in 6th place at the Harvard-MIT Math Tournament.
- Tatyana Gubin '13 won the Siemens Award for Advanced Placement.
- Aanchal Johri '14 and Jessica Shi '14 are 2013 National Award Runner Ups in the
National Center for Women & Information Technology Aspirations in Computing Award. They were both 2013 Maryland and Delaware Affiliate Award Winners.
Magnet Arts Night was held on November 17, 2012. View photos on Flickr or watch the senior skit on YouTube.