Magnet students won many awards in the second quarter:
- Two teams of Magnet students competed in the Princeton University Math Competition in November.
Zbarsky '13 and Charlie Pasternak '13 won first and third place,
respectively, at the University of Maryland Math Competition. Another
23 Magnet students received Honorable Mentions.
Shi '12 and Jessica Lu '12 won first and second place, respectively, at
the Washington, DC Regional Junior Science and Humanities Symposium.
- Blair has 8 Intel Semifinalists this year: Seniors Lorenzo Choudhary-Smith, Arec Jamgochian, Lori Kaufman, Frederic
Koehler, Maureen Lei, Sherman Leung, James Shepherdson, and Andrew Zhang.
- Blair's achievements were mentioned in an editorial on the Huffington Post. The article was discussed on the Metro Watch program on January 19.
- Frederic Koehler '12 was named an Intel Finalist for his project, Quick and Efficient: Fast Algorithms for Completion Time and Batch Minimization on Multiple Machines.
- Blair's teams won first and second place in the Maryland Science Bowl. The members of the two winning teams were Avikar Periwal '14 (Captain), Charlie Pasternak '13, Alex Bourzutschky '14, Saurav Das '14, and Alan Du '14; and Viju Ilangovan '13 (Captain), Jessica Lu '12, Jason Hyun '13, Myles Wagner '13, and Sam Zbarsky '13.