Several alumni were recognized for their achievements recently or have published books and articles:
- Patrick Lee '92 wrote an article on e27.co about his entrepreneurial pursuits: Startups, Luck, and Poker.
- Gautam Mukunda '97 is an Assistant Professor at Harvard Business School. He is the author of Indispensable, a book that looks at how and when individual leaders really can make a difference.
- Haroon Mokhtarzada '97 is a member of the 2013-14 United Nations Foundation Global Entrepreneurs Council. He was interviewed about joining the council and he shared advice for other entrepreneurs (YouTube).
- Ted Jou '99 was married in Washington, DC in May.
- Eric Wan '10 is a student at Johns Hopkins University and is the President of a student group supporting Johns Hopkins Hospital's
nonprofit medical recovery and donation program, Supporting Hospitals
Abroad with Resources and Equipment (SHARE).
- Eric Van Albert '10 and David Lawrence, a classmate at MIT, released
software at the Def Con hacker conference that will allow anyone to create a
3D-printable model of certain "high-security" keys. They were
interviewed by Forbes Magazine about their software.
- Sam Zbarsky '13 won a Silver Medal as a member of the United States Physics Team at
the International Physics Olympiad in Copenhagen,
Denmark on July 7-15.
- Jack Foster '13 will be attending Columbia University and is chasing several local swimming records.
If you know of alumni who have gone on to distinguished achievement/leadership in their careers or made significant civic/community contributions, please nominate them for the inaugural Distinguished Alumni Award. The Magnet Foundation will be selecting an honoree this fall!
If you would like to share an alumni update, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your news below: