Magnet Physics Teacher James Schafer was recognized as the MCPS 2010 Teacher of the Year.
Another school year ended with many Magnet honors:
- Scott Yu '10 was named a 2010 U.S. Presidential Scholar.
- Anand Oza '10 was selected as a member of the United States Physics Olympiad Team.
- The Blair Chemathon team placed 3rd overall at the UMD Chemathon
Competition on April 24, 2010, winning the "Chemical Jeopardy" portion
of the competition by a large margin. The team was led by Deepa
Chellappa with members Kristen Rosano, Pin Joe Ko, Devin Zhang, Shilpa
Kannan and Mario Choi.
- Blair's team won first place at Moody's Mega Math Challenge.
- Scott Yu '10 was featured in a Washington Post article about college applications (New Generation of College Hopefuls Apply to Many Schools). Scott ended up choosing Harvard, along with 15 Magnet seniors going to Ivy League schools. Another 11 students chose MIT, and more than 20 are going to the University of Maryland. The rest are headed to many other top schools around the country, like Johns Hopkins, Duke, Caltech, Stanford, Berkeley, Michigan, and many others.