The Board of Directors elected new officers this spring.
- In March, Nannette Dyas resigned from the Board of Directors.
- In May, Susan Ragan was elected to the Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors has elected new officers:
- President: Eileen Steinkraus
- Vice-President: Ted Jou
- Secretary: Susan Ragan
- Treasurer: Dan Shepherdson
Thanks to the efforts of the Magnet community, the County's Magnet programs avoided major budget cuts for FY2010: http://www.gazette.net/stories/06022010/montnew183354_32557.php
Money is still tight, however, and during the spring, the Board of Directors focused on fundraising:
- In May, the Board met with a non-profit fundraising consultant.
- At the end of the school year, the Board sent letters to graduating senior parents.
- In June, the Harvard VCO Team provided the Foundation with a presentation on fundraising.
- The Magnet Foundation paid the registration fees for the Montgomery County ARML Team.
Please consider making a donation
to the Magnet Foundation.
2010 is the 25th Anniversary of the Magnet Program. If you are in the DC area and would like to help organize a Magnet Reunion, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org