- With the help of Magnet parents Jonina Duker, Dawn Watkins-Chou and Fan Yang, the Magnet was able to obtain 4 PCR machines and a sophisticated autoclave from NIH!
- The Blair Smartphone Club is seeking used smartphones and tablets for testing smartphone apps. Please contact Will Rose (William_J_Rose@mcpsmd.org) if you are willing to donate an Apple device capable of running iOS 5 (e.g. iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2) or an Android device capable of running Froyo (API Level 8) or newer (e.g. HTC Droid Incredible, Motorola Droid X2, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy Tab).
- There will be Magnet car magnets for sale at Blair, with a new design that was selected by the teachers in a student contest. Senior Annie Dunn made the winning design.
At its spring meeting, the Magnet Foundation Board approved several grants:
- A $20 Amazon Gift Certificate for Annie Dunn, who won the Magnet magnet design contest
- $1,000 to help the Quiz Bowl team to attend the NAQT High School National Championships
- $2,000 to help students and chaperones attend the ACSL All-Stars Contest
- $500 to help support After-Prom
- $2,000 to pay the registration fees for the Montgomery County ARML Teams
The Foundation will be considering grants again in July. Please apply here.