Magnet students again won many awards this spring:
- Nina Lu '12 won an ISEF Award at the 2012 Montgomery County Science Fair. James Shepherdson tied with Nina for first place in the Biology
category. Srividya Murthy and Sherman Leung won second place in
Biology, Evan Horne and Ziyao Wang won third place, and Andrew Zhang and
Prusse Kakpovi won Honorable Mention. Maureen Lei won second place in
the Chemistry category. Shubham Chattopadhyay won third place in the
Computer Science and Mathematics category. Nina will compete in the
Intel International Science and Engineering Fair on May 13-18, 2012 in
- Blair's teams won first and second place in the Maryland Science Bowl. The first-place team members are Avikar Periwal, Alexander
Bourzutschky of Potomac, Charlie Pasternak, Saurav Das and Alan Du. Members of the second-place team include Viju Ilangovan, Jessica Lu, Sam Zbarsky, Jason Hyun, and Myles Wagner.
- The Blair Robotics Team won fourth place at the 10th Anniversary Chesapeake Regional FIRST Robotics Competition
- Blair teams won first, second, and third place at the Montgomery County Envirothon Competition, which took place on March 17, 2012. Mr. Pham sponsored the Blair teams:
- 1st Place: Team Rocket, juniors Sharon Chen, Vivienne Chen, Tatyana Gubin, Kiran Matharu, and Lisha Ruan.
- 2nd Place: Team Cella, juniors Linda Kang, Lidya Mesgna, Charmi Patel, Elena Polozova, and Ashley Yuen.
- 3rd Place: Team MylesWhyYouLeave, juniors Richard Chen, Jason Hyun, Pulkit Malik, Audrey Shi, and senior Sahaana Arumugam.
- A team from Blair won the 22nd annual UMD High School Programming Contest. The Blair team consisted of seniors Frederic Koehler, David Kaufman and Philip Sequeira and junior Prashan Dharmasena. Their victory earned the school $1800.