The Foundation has created a new Magnet Alumni Twitter account (@blairmagnetalum) that follows and shares news from the Magnet and its alumni!
- Drew Linzer '94 developed the 2016 Presidential Election Forecast for Daily Kos Elections, which is predicting that the math looks bad for Donald Trump.
- Cynthia Addai-Robinson '98 plays a government investigator in The Accountant, now in theaters, co-starring with Ben Affleck, Anna Kendrick, J.K. Simmons, and John Lithgow. She is also co-starring with Ryan Philippe in the new series Shooter, which will be on USA Network starting November 15th. Addai-Robinson has done numerous interviews about her roles this fall, including with Marie Claire, Ebony, Collider, and Rolling Out.
- Joshua Fischman '90 has re-joined the faculty at the University of Virginia School of Law. He has a Ph.D. in economics from MIT, and his research focuses on judicial decision-making.
- Rahman Culver '96 (@mrculverteaches), has returned to Blair as a teacher in the Social Studies Department. The Class of '96 held a 20-year reunion picnic this fall.
- Anna Browne Ribeiro '99 joined the faculty of the University of Louisville Anthropology Department. Her research relates to human-environment interactions, Amazonian archaeology, geoarchaeology, colonialism and critical historiography, and community archaeology anthropology.
- Yevgeny Brudno '00 (@brunolab) is joining the faculty of the UNC and NC State Joint Department of Biomedical Engineering Department, where his lab will focus on using chemistry and materials to create new drug delivery platforms.
- Jessica Shang '04 joined the faculty at the University of Rochester as an Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering. Her research focuses on the study of the interaction between solid bodies and their fluid environments.
- Jeremy Goodman '06 joined the faculty at the University of Southern California as an Assistant Professor of Philosophy. He works on metaphysics, epistemology, the philosophy of mind, and philosophical logic.
Alumni features in this newsletter: