At its fall meeting, the Board of Directors approved two new grants:
The Board also elected two new members:
- Sarah Manchester '90, a teacher at Takoma Park Middle School
- Will Martin, a Magnet parent
Over the past year, the Magnet Foundation's funds have supported Blair Magnet community in many ways:
- $100 paid for Physics Olympiad testing for Blair students, and two students, Alexander Bourzutschky '14 and Michael Winer '15, qualified for the 2014 U.S. Physics Team.
- $400 paid for a bus to the X-STEM Conference.
- $500 supported an original composition for the Blair Orchestra: British composer lends notes to Montgomery Blair High School
- $1,410 paid for licenses to Matlab Software.
- $1,875 helped send the computer team to the ACSL-All-Star Contest in Colorado.
- $2,000 registered 5 teams for the Montgomery County ARML Team.
- $2,640 helped Mr. Schafer take students to Switzerland for an exchange program at CERN.
- $3,000 helped students and chaperones to attend the XSEDE Conference in Atlanta, where the students won the Student Modeling and Simulation Challenge.
- $5,000 from a generous Magnet family went to a graduating senior for the Blair Leaders in Science Scholarship.
As we approach the end of the year, please consider making a donation
to support the Magnet Foundation.