Many Blair students have continued to win awards in the latter part of the year:
At the beginning of September, Magnet parent Natalie Angier wrote an article in the New York Times about recruiting women to the Blair Magnet and into science careers.
- Jared Lichtman '14 won a Congressional Award from Rep. Chris Van Hollen (photo).
- Daniela Ganelin '14 won a Grand Prize in the 2013 Signet Classics Scholarship Essay Contest. She compared 1984's Newspeak with censorship and propaganda in the USSR in her winning essay.
- Gabby Studt '14 won Honorable Mention in the 2013 Math Prize for Girls contest.
- Lily Durkee '14 wrote about her SRP conducting experiments in the salt marsh at the Guana Tolemato Matanzas (GTM) Reserve in Florida for the Smithsonian Environmental Research Center.
- Blair had 36 semifinalists in the 2014 National Merit Scholarship Program: John Anderson, Alexander Epstein, Daniela Ganelin, Yi-Zhi He, Jared Duker Lichtman, Rebecca Naimon, Ashutosh Nanda, Michelle Noh, Jessica Shi, Scott Wu, Hardy Xu, Nadia Batkhan, Alexander Bourzutschky, Shaun Datta, Arvind Kannan, Avikar Periwal, Alex Woo, Jerry Chen, Neil Davey, Callie Deng, Alan Du, Hueyjong Shih, Xuanting Wu, Shira Gorin, Adrianne Kehne, Jacob Ryder, Andrew Simler, Jacob Kirkendall, Robert Martin, Samuel Maynard, Gabriella Studt, Clare Singer, Adela Armstrong-Spielberg, and Giovanni Corti.
- Blair had 8 semifinalists in the 2014 National Achievement Scholarship Program: Alexander Bourzutschky, Isaac Jiffar, Simeon Kakpovi, Christian Lanier, Paris Parker-Loan, Fiona Lachman, Callahan Mayer Marks, and Michelle McGhee.
- Blair had 4 students recognized by the 2014 National Hispanic Recognition Program: Sabrina Bradford, Jared Collina, Sadie Isakower, and Ivan Reimers.
- Jared Duker Lichtman '14 won a Dr. Istvan Madaras SciTech Scholarship, allowing him to conduct scientific research at the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology in Haifa, Israel this summer.
- Hueyjong Shih '14, Quinn Tai '15, Cynthia Liu '16 and Stephan Loh '16 were selected as members of the All National High School Honors Orchestra and Band and the National Symphony Orchestra Fellowship Program.
- Dennis Zhao '14 was one of 10 qualifiers for the 2014 Who Wants to Be a Mathematician National Contest.
- Megan Chao, Neil Davey, Robert Martin and Jessica Shi were named semifinalists in the 2013 Siemens Competition.