The Board of Directors for the Magnet Foundation met in October 2013 and discussed several issues:
- The Board approved funding for several grants:
- Ms. Duval's attendance at the annual conference for the National Association of Biology Teachers (NABT)
- The purchase of a Biology DVD Series, Cycles of Life
- A MagPi bowling event for Magnet freshmen
- Registration fees for Physics Olympiad testing
- The Magnet senior class elected four class marshals who will be working with the Foundation: Paul Ellis, Atarsh Ettyreddy, John Anderson, and Allison Chen
- Members of the Board will meet with freshman parents on the evening of November 11th in the Blair auditorium.
- Consideration for the first annual Distinguished Alumni Award has been narrowed to three finalists. The award will be given in February 2014 at the Magnet Research Conference.