The summer of 2009 was a time of transition for the Magnet, and the Foundation was on the front lines.
- In July, Sherrie took on the new responsibility of sending out press releases, which help notify administrators and the press about the Magnet's achievements.
The Foundation was very active in the process of hiring a new coordinator.
- On July 21st, Dan, Beth, and Sherrie met with Principal Williams regarding budget issues and finding a replacement for Mr. Heidler.
- Beth and Sherrie both participated in the interview process.
- Eileen returned to the Magnet as the interim coordinator through the beginning of the school year.
There were also changes in the County administration:
- Mike Durso replaced Nancy Navarro on the Board of Education.
- Bronda Mills replaced Heath Morrison as the Community Superintendent for the Downcounty Consortium
The Foundation has been in operation for over a year now, so the P.O. Box and the domain name were renewed. We are hoping for bigger things in the years to come.
Deadline for Grant Applications Extended to October 20:
The Foundation will be considering grant applications
in October. If you need funding to help support the Magnet Program, please apply for a grant online
There is a Community Forum with the Board of Education on the evening of October 15, 2009. If you would like to volunteer to testify on behalf of the Magnet Program, please contact email@example.com